Questions to ask about treatment
If you have had an abnormal Pap test result, you may find the following questions helpful when talking to your doctor.
- What exactly does my result mean?
- Do I need more tests?
- Why do I need a colposcopy?
- What does my biopsy show?
- What treatment, if any, do you advise and why?
- Will I need to rest, and if so, for how long?
- Will there be bleeding or discharge, and if so, when will it stop?
- Will I need to take time off work, and if so, for how long?
- How will this affect my sex life?
- How else can I care for myself?
- How often will I need further Pap tests or other check-ups?