Where can I have a Pap test?

Most general practices offer Pap tests, as do many community health centres and Aboriginal health services.

Doctors will either be able to take your Pap test, or direct you to someone in the clinic who can. There are also specially trained nurses who can take Pap tests, many of whom are female.

If you live in Victoria, visit our Pap test provider directory or call the Cancer Council on 13 11 20 to find your nearest doctor or nurse – you can search by suburb/town or postcode.

Both papscreen.org.au and the Cancer Council also have information on where to find a female Pap test provider, languages spoken at each service, and whether bulk billing and disability access is available.

Cancer Council Helpline